Qualifications and professional experience

Trained in the early 1990’s at the Centre for Freudian Analysis & Research, qualifying as a Lacanian Psychoanalyst and Registered with the UK Council for Psychotherapy. Since qualifying I have become a member of CFAR’s Management Committee, Ethics Committee, Journal Editorial Board Journal for the Centre for Freudian Analysis & Research , along with being CFAR’s Organisational Representative at national UKCP level, as well as regularly teaching on CFAR’s clinical training.

In addition I am a member of the Board of Governors of the College of Psychoanalysts UK, with a specialist interest in promoting research amongst its membership. Since 1994 I have been an Accredited Practitioner with the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy and from 2001 accorded the status of Senior Accredited Practitioner. For over 20 years I have been a registered member of the British Association of Psychoanalytic & Psychodynamic Supervision (a UKCP registered organisation) as well as being a UKCP Approved Supervisor.

During this time I have acquired over 30 years experience in various clinical settings, working with a wide range of mental health difficulties and life problems, helping individuals of all ages and sexualities, from diverse cultures and backgrounds.

First degree in Psychology & Sociology which I gained in 1984. After finishing my clinical training completed an academic MA in Psychoanalysis at Middlesex University. Currently Assistant Professor at Coventry University, teaching in the Clinical Psychology Department with module leadership of two postgraduate modules in Personal & Professional Development on a Diploma in High Intensity Psychological Interventions, and two professional modules on the MSc. Applied Psychology with Professional Experience. I also occupy the role of Personal Development Tutor on the Doctorate training in Clinical Psychology (Staff profile) .

Founder of the Worcester Therapy Group, fulfilling the role of Clinical Director since 2004, with clinical responsibility for 30+ Associate therapists. In this time I have gained extensive experience writing reports for court settings or health care providers, commenting on risk assessment issue, including attendance as an expert witness in court.

Registered practitioner with BUPA as well as other health care insurance providers. If you have a policy with any of these it may be possible to fund part or all of your therapy by your insurance provider.